Terms and Conditions of Sale
- About these Terms and Conditions of Sale
- Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these Terms. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Goods from the website.
- Before placing an order, if you have any queries relating to these Terms please call our customer call centre (‘’Call Centre’’) on 07504 558994 (local rate). Our Call Centre opening and closing times can be found here icookyouserve.co.uk
In our dealings with you, we work on the assumption that all sales are to private consumers, you are at least 18 years old and legally capable of entering in to binding contracts. You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration are correct, and inform us immediately of any changes by updating your personal details.
These Terms of Sales, and any Contract between us, is only in the English language.
These Terms do not affect your statutory rights.
- How the Contract is Formed between You and Us
The Website will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
All purchases made on the Website are governed by the latest version of these Terms existing at the time of order. Accordingly, you should check prior to each order to ensure that you understand the precise Terms applicable to your purchase. To assist you in determining whether the Terms have changed since your most recent order we will display the date when these Terms were most recently updated at the top of this page. Prior to placing an order, you will be asked to confirm that you have read and accepted these Terms.
You may place, cancel, amend or correct orders by email or by phone. Orders can be amended or cancelled at any time up to 4 pm online on the Friday prior to the Monday of delivery. Orders can be amended or cancelled by phone to our Call Centre up to the Call Centre closing time, being 5 pm on the Friday prior to the Monday of delivery. Once your changes have been reflected in your confirmation email they are deemed to be confirmed. This may take a few moments. It is not possible to amend an order on the Website after 5 pm on the Friday prior to Monday delivery. However, if you wish to cancel your order after delivery you may do so in accordance with paragraph 12 of these Terms.
Making any amendments to an order (such as adding or removing Goods) will result in the cancellation of your original order, and a new order being created. You will be refunded for the original order and charged separately for the new order. You will receive email confirmation for the cancellation and the new order.
The placing of Goods on our Website is an invitation to accept offers for those Goods; it is not an offer to sell at the listed price. By placing an order on our Website you make an offer to purchase in accordance with the Terms. We will acknowledge receipt of your order via email but this does not constitute our acceptance of your offer to purchase. Your office has been accepted by us only when we have confirmed that the Goods are available for delivery and subject always to availability of the relevant Goods.
Goods will not be supplied for the purpose of resale, and are only supplied for your own use as a consumer. Images of the Goods are provided for illustration purposes only. We cannot guarantee that your computer’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the Goods. The packaging of the Goods may vary from that shown on images on the Website.
Our Website contains a large number of Goods. It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the Goods on our Website may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that:
- Where the Goods correct price is less than the price stated on our Website, we will charge you the lower amount when dispatching the Goods to you. Where you have paid in advance for an order, we will refund the difference between the price paid and the lower amount;
- If the Goods correct price in higher than the price stated on our Website, we will change the lower amount when dispatching the Goods to you.
- Order confirmations
- After you place an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted.
- You will receive a single e-mail acknowledging confirmation and acceptance of an order. You will not receive subsequent order confirmations unless you cancel or amend an Order.
- Orders will only be confirmed for delivery once the customer has been sent a confirmation email. To process your order for delivery a payment method must be selected. No orders can be delivered until this is done. Once an order is confirmed, we are under an obligation to deliver conforming Goods subject always to the availability of the relevant Goods and you are under an obligation to pay.
- How to pay
- You can only pay for Goods by UK debit or credit card as set out below. No other vouchers, saving stamps, ‘’money-off’’ coupons (unless issued by I Cook You Serve) or cash or cheques will be accepted towards payment of an order. The debit and credit cards accepted by us are those listed on the payment page of our Website on the date on which your order is placed.
- Payment failures
- We reserve the right to suspend your subscription and any further deliveries and take any other action as we consider appropriate in the event on (1) a failed payment: (2) us being refused authority for payment or (3) our reasonable belief that payment will be refused at any stage.
- You agree to compensate us in full against all reasonable costs, expenses and outgoings incurred by us in obtaining payments from you in the event a failed payment occurs.
- Delivery is free of charge and will be made to the address specified by you when you subscribe on the Website or Social Media.
- When you subscribe on the Website or Social Media you will be advised on whether we deliver to your area. We reserve the right to restrict or cease deliveries in any area at our sole discretion. We will provide you with up to 7 days’ advance notice of any restriction or cessation of deliveries in your area. If delivery dates are restricted and you are not happy with the proposed revised delivery days for your order you may cancel the order. If we cease to deliver in your area your order will be cancelled. In the event of any payment received in respect of a cancelled order we will refund you within 48 hours of receiving notice of cancellation.
- When you subscribe on the Website or Social Media, you will be advised of the days on which your orders are delivered in your order. Delivery outside of these times is not available for your order, unless we notify you otherwise.
- Delivery will be made on the day you have requested, usually between 4pm – 9pm. However, due to the nature of our business we cannot guarantee your order will be delivered by a certain time. Please see our FAQ page for more information.
- All Goods are subject to availability and prevailing market conditions. We may at our discretion limit the quantities of Goods (particularly any Goods on special offer) suppled to any customer if in our opinion the quantity ordered jeopardises availability for other customers.
- Your acceptance of Goods shall be deemed to take place on delivery. If you have specific delivery instructions, please advise us when you place your order on the Website.
- If you are going on holiday or will be absent from your delivery address for a period of time and you would like to postpone your order deliveries, please send us an email at email@example.com. Let us know you’re going on holiday and add your holiday dates. If you do not inform us of the dates, you will be away from your delivery address then your deliveries will continue to be made as normal and you will still be charged for deliveries.
- In the event of non-availability of any Goods you order or we limit the quantity of particular Goods that you have ordered, we may offer a reasonable substitute.
- Where a substitute item is offered in place of any Goods offered, every effort will be made to bring you a product of equivalent or better quality and value as the original item and the price you will be charged will be the lesser of the original Goods ordered and the substitute item and where appropriate receive a refund for the difference.
- Defective or Incomplete Goods
- We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract and each of the Goods is sold subject to its product description which can be found on the relevant page for those Goods.
- If you think that any of the Goods you have received do not match its description, is not of satisfactory quality, does not meet any relevant guarantee we have made, or is otherwise faulty or defective, then please contact our Call Centre who will do their best to help you and, where applicable, arrange for a refund. We reserve the right to ask you to send us reasonable evidence of any of the Goods affected by such issues.
- We will refund to you the cost of any product affected by such issues. To receive a refund of an affected Perishable Item though, you must notify us of any such issues before the expiry of the ‘’use by’’, ‘’best before’’ or ‘’BBE’’ date stamped on the product or where no such date is provided within 3 working days after the date of delivery.
- The guarantee provided above is in addition to your legal rights in relation to Goods that are defective, faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- Where we give you a refund, we will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
- Our Liability to You
- If we fail to comply with the Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terns or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this contract.
- We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability to you for:
- Death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- Liability which may not be limited or excluded under section 31 (1) of the Consumer Rights Act 2015;
- Defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- Any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
- We only supply the Goods for domestic and private use. If you use the Goods for any commercial, business or resale purposes, we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- Events outside our control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control.
- An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorists attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, cyber-attack, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of the railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport or disruption to the Website or Call Centre.
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a contract:
- We will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- Our obligations under a contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Goods to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
- Your right to cancel your order after delivery
- You may cancel, amend or correct orders prior to delivery in accordance with these Terms. In certain circumstances set out below you also have the right to cancel all or part of your order after it has been delivered.
- Goods which may not be returned after delivery unless they are defective are:
- Perishable Items; or
- Items which have been personalised; or
- Items which have been unwrapped or unsealed and cannot be resold for health or hygiene; or
- Other selected items, that are non-returnable as noted on the product description page.
- If you call us to cancel your order then your cancellation is effective from the date you call and speak to an advisor at our Call Centre, providing you call us within the Cancellation Period. If you send us your cancellation notice by post then your cancellation is effective from the date you post the letter to us, providing the date you post the letter is within the Cancellation Period.
- When you subscribe with I Cook You Serve you will be asked to fill in your personal details. Please keep these secret, as you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your personal detail. You are responsible for all orders placed with us or information given to us under your email address in combination with your password. You must immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your email address and/or password or any breach of security known to you.
- Information about us
- We are I Cook You Serve, a trading name of I Cook You Serve. I Cook You Serve is a partnership registered in England under partnership number: 9464866744. Our registered kitchens are at 102 Clarke Road, Abington, Northampton, NN1 4PW.
- Contacting Us
- If you have any feedback or a complaint about a I Cook You Serve product you have bought or if you have a query regarding a delivery, please contact us by phone on 07504 558994 (local rate), email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave feedback though our email email@example.com.
- In the unlikely event that we are unable to resolve a complaint with you directly, you have the right to refer the dispute to the European Union’s Online Dispute Resolution Platform at https://ec.europa.eu/odr.
- Other Important Terms
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under a contrast to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms. We will always notify you by posting on the Website if this happens.
- You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under the Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
- This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
- Each of the paragraphs of the Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- The formation, existence, construction, performance, validity and all aspects whatsoever of the Terms or of any paragraph of these Terms will be governed by the law of England and Wales and you can bring proceedings in respect of the Goods in the English and Welsh courts. If you live in Scotland, you can bring proceedings in respect of the Goods in either the Scottish or the English courts.